The Purchasing Division strives to acquire the highest quality supplies and services at the lowest cost. You will find doing business with the Parish easy. Most purchases are made through a comprehensive system of specifications and competitive bidding. This process ensures that contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder who complies with the specifications, terms and conditions, and who also has the capability to deliver the service or product in a timely manner.
The Parish of Caddo’s Department of Finance, Purchasing Division is to acquire the highest quality products and services at the lowest cost.
Through our Small and Emerging Business Initiative, our goal is to ensure contracting / purchasing opportunities to leverage the playing field and better enhance economic development within our community through the growth and development of small businesses.
Our Small and Emerging Business Program is designed to provide small and emerging businesses with contracting/purchasing opportunities to level the playing field. We hope to enhance economic development within the Parish by development of these businesses.
- Net Worth of your business must be less than $1,500,000
- 51% of the business is owned by individuals with a personal net worth of $400,000 or less
How to Register
Obtain registration forms from the Purchasing Department or download (see quick links to the right).
- Complete the forms and have them notarized
- Return the forms to the Purchasing Division
- Businesses meeting all qualifications will receive Parish certification
Incentives to Become Certified
- Opportunity to strengthen your business
- Educational Opportunities
- Networking Opportunities
Reciprocal Local Recognition
The Parish will recognize other small business certification programs from:
- City of Shreveport
- Small Business Administration 8a
- Louisiana Department of Economic Development, Small and Emerging Business
- Caddo Parish School Board