We have many great pets available for adoption at our shelter and during our offsite adoption events. We have partnered with Petco on Youree Drive and have cats at their facility available for adoption. We welcome you to visit our animals at these locations and adopt a pet today!
There is no resident location requirement to adopt a pet from us. We have a friendly staff that will assist you in locating a compatible pet for your home and family.
To adopt a pet you simply fill out an adoption application and contract. The contract is a promise from you that you will provide your new pet with a great home where it will be loved and provided for.
All of our adoption pets have undergone a health exam and are current on all vaccinations. The adult animals have been Rabies vaccinated and go out with a rabies tag.
To support our mission, our adult animals are spayed or neutered before adoption, and those that are not, go out with a voucher to have the procedure done.
When you adopt a pet from us you will receive many incentives to help you get started such as discounts at various pet stores and grooming shops. You will also receive a starter kit with coupons for different pet items.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our adoption locations today!
Adoption Policy & Procedure
- Caddo Parish Animal Services requires potential adopters to be at least 18 years of age and provide proper identification.
- It is required by Law that all animals adopted from Caddo Parish Animal Services be either SPAYED or NEUTERED. With all the animals that must be euthanized day after day because there are not enough responsible homes for them, this requirement will help reduce pet overpopulation.
- We adopt out companion animals.
- The fee for adoption is $50, cash or card.
- Once adoption is approved the animal must be immediately transported to a veterinarian for a thorough examination. Caddo Parish Animal Services attempts to insure that all pets offered for adoption are healthy; however, an animal may be incubating a disease while at the shelter and not show clinical signs until after it is adopted and taken home.
- A refund will be given only if your veterinarian diagnoses your animal as having a physical, medical or behavioral problem.
Note: Caddo Parish Animal Services has the right to refuse adoption to any individual based on that individual's qualifications.
Any questions or suggestions concerning this program may be answered by calling (318) 226-6624.
Lost & Found
Animal Services provides owners with the opportunity to reunite with their pets. If your pet is lost you must come by the shelter and look to see if we have it.
If you lose your dog or cat
- Come to the shelter every day to see if your pet is here, as our shelter receives over 100 dogs and cats weekly. Dogs and cats are held for a minimum of four days per Caddo Parish ordinance.
- Walk through the stray section of the shelter with a staff member to see if your pet is here.
- You may also bring and post a picture of your pet on our bulletin board and fill out a missing pet report form.
Please note there is a redemption fee for lost pets found by Animal Services. Review the fee schedule for applicable fees. Owners must bring their pet's rabies certificate to pick up their pet. If the rabies certificate is not available the owner will have to purchase a rabies voucher along with any other fees.
It is your responsibility to visit the shelter daily. It is also highly recommended that you search other lost and found websites, such as Craig's List, Shreveport Times Pet Classified section. Also, check with other local animal rescue shelters.