PARISH OF CADDO ADMINISTRATOR ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
Caddo Parish, LA – Dr. Woodrow Wilson, Jr. is retiring as Administrator and CEO of the Parish of Caddo after seventeen years in the role and twenty-two total years of service to Caddo Parish.
Wilson made his announcement at the Caddo Parish Commission’s work session meeting on Monday.
“I am grateful to the Commission members who selected me in 2006,” said Wilson. “It’s been an honor to work for each and every Commissioner as we have come together on behalf of the citizens of Caddo Parish to bring about excellence in governance, prudent management, and improving their quality of life,” said Wilson.
Notable accomplishments under Wilson’s administration include:
- Achievement of Standard and Poor’s AAA Bond Rating, the first of its kind for a public body in the state of Louisiana and one of 36 counties/parishes in the nation
- Successful passage of $20 million in general obligation bonds for the rehabilitation of Walter B. Jacobs Nature Park
- Numerous Achievement Awards for programs and procedures in county/parish government from the National Association of Counties (NACo)
- National recognition as one of only four parishes in the country to implement and execute the Covid-19 National Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) for its citizens, distributing over $57 million in funding assistance
- Creation of efficiencies across numerous departments for better service provision to citizens
- Construction of a new Parish Veteran Service Center for thousands of veterans across Caddo Parish
- Construction of a new David Raines Community Center
“We are thankful and indebted to the leadership that Dr. Woody Wilson has provided for the Parish of Caddo,” said Caddo Commission President Roy Burrell. “Over his many years of service, he has steadily moved the organization forward and been an advocate for his staff and the citizens of Caddo Parish. He will truly be missed, but he has left an indelible mark, and we hope that he enjoys the next chapter after retirement,” said Burrell.
Dr. Wilson’s retirement is effective July 14.