FAQs Finance All

Finance FAQs ()
Annual Reports ()
Bids, RFPs ()
Business Licenses ()
Doing Business with Caddo Parish ()
Paving Liens ()
Property Taxes ()
Vendor Payments ()

Why should I choose electronic payments over a check?

Once invoices are processed for payment, funds from virtual credit card payments are typically available to you within 1-2 business days, ACH direct deposits are available within 1-3 business days, while paper checks may take up to 7-10 business days to arrive.  Apart from receiving your payments faster, you’ll be provided your own payment portal. Here you can view your ... Read More

What if we still want to receive check payments?

Moving to electronic payments will expedite your receipt of payment, while also eliminating the risk of a check being lost in the mail. However, vendors who do not wish to register for ACH or virtual credit card payments will still receive paper checks. These checks will be printed by Nvoicepay/Corpay instead of being printed in house, unless specifically requested by ... Read More

Are there fees affiliated with electronic payments?

Caddo Parish and Nvoicepay/Corpay do not charge vendors any additional fees for using these services. However, if you enroll in virtual credit card payments, your credit card processing system may apply the typical card processing fees associated with Mastercard payments.    If your organization charges additional credit card processing fees, transaction fees, convenience fees, etc. please enroll in ACH payments ... Read More

How can I get paid faster?

Caddo Parish has partnered with Corpay Payment Automation to facilitate electronic payments to our vendors. We chose Corpay as they are the leader in vendor payment automation and will ensure that your payments are delivered rapidly and securely. If you’re interested in receiving future payments via virtual credit card or ACH direct deposit, you may register through our “Vendor Payments” ... Read More

How do I become a Vendor with the Parish of Caddo?

Contact one of the Purchasers listed in the staff directory to schedule an appointment. All potential vendors need to complete a Vendor’s Application and a Small and Emerging Business Application. (Documents Available online).

Why did I receive a notice regarding a paving lien against my property and why is my assessment more than my neighbor’s assessment?

The Parish of Caddo has the authority to order the paving, repaving, or improvement of any streets, public alleys, or public places in the Parish whenever in its judgment and discretion it may be necessary. Property owners whose property abuts a dirt street may petition the Caddo Parish Commission to pave the street. Property owners who represent more than 50 ... Read More

Has the Parish paid or received my invoice?

The Finance Department is responsible for paying invoices for the Parish of Caddo. Any questions concerning the payment or receipt of invoices should be directed to the Finance Department at (318) 226-6913.

If I intend to sell alcohol, what permits or licenses do I need?

A class A or B Alcohol Beverage License is required for the sale of alcohol in the Parish. A class A license is for the consumption of liquor on the premises, class B is for liquor in package form only. Applications for an Alcohol Beverage License may be obtained from the Purchasing Department. The application must be accompanied by certified ... Read More

What permits and/or licenses will I need to operate a business in Caddo Parish?

An occupational license tax is due and payable upon commencement of the business. The Parish issues a temporary license to conduct business for a period of 30 days. The temporary license must be updated after 30 days, and the original license will be mailed. Occupational licenses may be obtained from the Purchasing Department. Click here to view or download the ... Read More

Where do I pay my property tax bill?

The Caddo Parish Tax Assessor values real estate and personal property in Caddo Parish for property tax purposes. The Parish of Caddo does not collect property taxes. Your property tax bill is sent to you at the end of each year by the Caddo Parish Sheriff and Tax Collector. Any inquiries concerning your property tax bill should be made to ... Read More

What is the Homestead Exemption?

The homestead exemption is a tax exemption on the first $75,000 of the value of a person’s home. The value of your home is exempt up to $75,000 from state and parish property taxes. The exemption applies to all homeowners. If your home is worth $70,000, you are fully exempt from the payment of property taxes. If it is worth ... Read More

What is a property tax mill?

A property tax mill is the tax rate on real property based on $1.00 per $1,000 of assessed property value. A mill is equal to 1/10 cent