Caddo Parish Commission Redistricting Process

FAQsAdministration, News and Updates, Parish Departments, Parish of Caddo

On February 23, 2023 the Caddo Parish Commission adopted Ordinance 6310 of 2023 adopting the new Caddo Parish Commission district lines: Ordinance 6310 Map Plan Components Population Summary Precinct Changes Overview Every 10 years after the release of the U.S. Census, Cities, Parishes, School Boards, and States redraw the lines for election districts to keep population equal on their respective …

Why should I choose electronic payments over a check?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Vendor Payments

Once invoices are processed for payment, funds from virtual credit card payments are typically available to you within 1-2 business days, ACH direct deposits are available within 1-3 business days, while paper checks may take up to 7-10 business days to arrive.  Apart from receiving your payments faster, you’ll be provided your own payment portal. Here you can view your …

What if we still want to receive check payments?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Vendor Payments

Moving to electronic payments will expedite your receipt of payment, while also eliminating the risk of a check being lost in the mail. However, vendors who do not wish to register for ACH or virtual credit card payments will still receive paper checks. These checks will be printed by Nvoicepay/Corpay instead of being printed in house, unless specifically requested by …

Are there fees affiliated with electronic payments?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Vendor Payments

Caddo Parish and Nvoicepay/Corpay do not charge vendors any additional fees for using these services. However, if you enroll in virtual credit card payments, your credit card processing system may apply the typical card processing fees associated with Mastercard payments.    If your organization charges additional credit card processing fees, transaction fees, convenience fees, etc. please enroll in ACH payments …

How can I get paid faster?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Vendor Payments

Caddo Parish has partnered with Corpay Payment Automation to facilitate electronic payments to our vendors. We chose Corpay as they are the leader in vendor payment automation and will ensure that your payments are delivered rapidly and securely. If you’re interested in receiving future payments via virtual credit card or ACH direct deposit, you may register through our “Vendor Payments” …

Attorney Standards

FAQsJuvenile Services, Juvenile Services FAQs

Trial Court Performance Standards for CINC Representation The following excerpt is from the Louisiana Public Defender Board Guide for attorneys representing families involved in Child in Need of Care and Termination of Parental Rights cases. §1101. Purpose A. The standards for parent representation in child in need of care cases are intended to serve several purposes. First and foremost, the standards are …

Do you offer any summer programs?

FAQsParks & Recreation FAQs

The Walter B. Jacobs Memorial Nature Park pavilion serves as the site of a summer Earth Camp each year. The environmental day camp is sponsored jointly by the Parish of Caddo Parks and Recreation Department and Shreveport Green. Questions regarding Earth Camp should be submitted to the director’s office. Other summer programs available are listed under special events.

What type of trails do the parks have?

FAQsParks & Recreation, Parks & Recreation FAQs

Walter B. Jacobs Memorial Nature Park, P. B. S. Pinchback Park, Keithville Community Park, Greenbrook Park, and Stoner Hill Park have handicapped accessible asphalt paths. Walter Jacobs Nature Park has more than five miles of hiking trails. Eddie D. Jones Park has more than ten miles of mountain biking trails, five miles of horseback riding trails, and 1 ½ miles …

Can I reserve a park or parks site?

FAQsParks & Recreation, Parks & Recreation FAQs

Parish park sites are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Park patrons can request a permit to access the utilities, free of charge, via phone, email, regular mail, or fax (318) 212-0229. Reservations can be made for nature programs provided by the Walter B. Jacobs Memorial Nature Park staff. The Walter B. Jacobs Nature Park pavilion can also be rented, 4 …

Do any of the parks charge a fee or admission?

FAQsParks & Recreation, Parks & Recreation FAQs

None of the Parish parks charge an admission fee. The Walter B. Jacobs Memorial Nature Park does accept donations to feed the park animals. Earl G. Williamson Park charges for overnight camping. RV camper hook-ups $12/night, areas for primitive tent camping $6/night, and a $2 sewage disposal fee for campers not staying overnight in the park.

I am a victim of domestic violence…

FAQsJuvenile Services FAQs

If you are in danger, call 911 or the domestic violence hotline at (318) 226-5015 or (888) 411-1333. Contact The Providence House 221-7887 or visit at 814 Cotton Street, Shreveport, Louisiana 71101. The Providence House offers services to those coping with or fleeing violent relationships. All services are confidential and at no charge.

My child is out of control…

FAQsJuvenile Services FAQs

If either you or your child is in immediate danger, contact your local police or sheriff’s department. You may call 318-425-1883 to talk with someone about whether your child’s behavior meets the requirements for filing a FINS Petition or to request the assistance of the court.

The court has issued a warrant for my child’s arrest…

FAQsJuvenile Services FAQs

Contact your child’s attorney, Juvenile Probation Officer, the Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office at (318) 226-6751 or The District Attorney’s Office – Juvenile Division at (318) 429-7647 to talk about what your child’s options are. The court does offer juveniles the opportunity to recall the warrant.

My child has been arrested…

FAQsJuvenile Services FAQs

If your child has been arrested and brought to detention, an employee will call you and will give you the necessary information. You may ask questions at that time. If your child has been arrested and released to you or another adult, wait to hear from the court. The prosecutor screens these cases and decides whether or not to file …

What are the specific bidding requirements the agency must follow (dollar, thresholds, etc)?

FAQsBids, RFPs, Finance FAQs

A Request for Quotes (RFQ) $10,000 – $30,000: The Parish purchasing policy requests that all supply and equipment purchases between $10,000 to $30,000 be made by formal request. Fax or telephone quotes are made depending upon the nature of the item to be purchased. Competitive Sealed Bids ($30,000 and Greater): It is the policy of the parish to solicit competitive …

What are the minimum qualifications for employment?

FAQsHuman Resources FAQs

You must be a citizen of United States or possess a visa permit which allows employment, must be over the age of 18 unless hired through the summer youth / student worker program, possess a high school diploma or equivalent if required by the position, have a valid driver’s license if required by the position, and pass pre-employment screenings such …

How do I apply?

FAQsHuman Resources FAQs

Submit an Application Online You will need to complete an online application for employment with the Human Resources Department of the Parish of Caddo during the time the job is open. Applications must be submitted on or before 11:59 pm on the last date of the opening unless otherwise noted. Applications submitted after that date may not be considered. Note: When submitting an …

Why did I receive a notice regarding a paving lien against my property and why is my assessment more than my neighbor’s assessment?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Paving Liens

The Parish of Caddo has the authority to order the paving, repaving, or improvement of any streets, public alleys, or public places in the Parish whenever in its judgment and discretion it may be necessary. Property owners whose property abuts a dirt street may petition the Caddo Parish Commission to pave the street. Property owners who represent more than 50 …

Where do I pay my property tax bill?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Property Taxes

The Caddo Parish Tax Assessor values real estate and personal property in Caddo Parish for property tax purposes. The Parish of Caddo does not collect property taxes. Your property tax bill is sent to you at the end of each year by the Caddo Parish Sheriff and Tax Collector. Any inquiries concerning your property tax bill should be made to …

What is the Homestead Exemption?

FAQsFinance FAQs, Property Taxes

The homestead exemption is a tax exemption on the first $75,000 of the value of a person’s home. The value of your home is exempt up to $75,000 from state and parish property taxes. The exemption applies to all homeowners. If your home is worth $70,000, you are fully exempt from the payment of property taxes. If it is worth …

Can the public use the Courthouse grounds?

FAQsFacilities & Maintenance FAQs

Courthouse grounds may be used by organizations with prior approval from the Department of Facilities and Maintenance. Organizations must: Provide date/time of intended use Purpose of event to be held Expected number of attendees Be willing to sign a Hold Harmless Agreement. For more details, please contact Facilities and Maintenance at (318) 226-6899.

What are the symptoms of West Nile?

FAQsAnimal Service & Mosquito Control FAQs

Most people infected with the West Nile Virus will not have any signs of illness.Twenty percent of people who become infected will have mild symptoms such as fever, headache, body aches and occasionally a skin rash on the trunk of the body and swollen lymph glands. The symptoms of severe infection (West Nile encephalitis or meningitis) include headache, high fever, …

How can I reduce my risk of getting West Nile Virus?

FAQsAnimal Service & Mosquito Control FAQs

Preventing mosquito bites is the best way to avoid getting the West Nile Virus. Remember the four Ds: Drain, Dusk-to-Dawn, Dress and Deet. Drain standing water in your yard and neighborhood. Standing water can be found in swimming pools that are not kept clean, ponds, pet watering dishes, birdbaths, potted plants, old tires, empty containers, toys and clogged rain gutters. …

What is West Nile Virus?

FAQsAnimal Service & Mosquito Control FAQs

West Nile Virus is a virus which was previously associated and commonly found in Africa, West Asia and the Middle East. It is not known how long it has been in the United States, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believe the virus probably has been in the US since early summer of 1999. It is closely …

Is the Parish going to spray for mosquitoes?

FAQsAnimal Service & Mosquito Control FAQs

Yes, when it is necessary to do so, we will operate a spray program. We will monitor known breeding sites and apply larvicide to control mosquitos in their infant stages. We will also check identified locations from citizen complaints and apply larvicide or adulticide where needed. WHEN NECESSARY, we will conduct an adulticide spray program to kill mosquito populations during …

Juvenile Court Visitor Information

FAQsJuvenile Services, Juvenile Services FAQs

WHAT TO WEAR When coming to court you do not need to dress up but wear nice clothing that is in good shape. Do not wear shorts, warm-up suits, tank tops, halter tops, short skirts or clothes that show your stomach area or your underwear. Do not wear pants that sag or are too big for you. ACCOMMODATIONS Accommodations for …

What kind of benefits do parish employees receive?

FAQsHuman Resources, Parish of Caddo

Employee Benefits Outline of Available Benefits The Parish of Caddo has a very attractive benefits package available to all full time employees. Advancement possibilities and career tracks are available. The following benefits are enjoyed by Parish employees: Cost of Living Allowance Merit Increases Comprehensive medical insurance (75% of premium paid by Parish for employee and dependents). Excellent pension plan with …

The History of the Juvenile Court for Caddo Parish

FAQsJuvenile Services, Juvenile Services FAQs, News and Updates, Parish of Caddo

The Juvenile Court for Caddo Parish was the second juvenile court established in Louisiana. First implemented in Orleans Parish in 1908, the juvenile court system empowered a special judge to enforce safeguards for the welfare of children. Subsequently, the Louisiana State Legislature passed an act in 1922 which provided for the creation of another juvenile court and a parish detention …

Parish Holidays

FAQsHuman Resources FAQs

New Year’s Day – January 1
Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 21
President’s Day – February 18
Good Friday – April 19
Memorial Day – May 27
Independence Day – July 4
Labor Day – September 2
Veterans Day – November 11
Thanksgiving Holidays – November 28-29
Christmas Holidays – December 25

How do I start the process of getting a 911 address?

FAQsPublic Works FAQs

The first step is to call the City of Shreveport. If located within the limits of 
Greenwood, contact the Town of Greenwood. For Oil and Gas addresses, see the Parish section for Oil & Gas. 9-1-1 Address Permit The Parish of Caddo 911 Addressing Office is responsible for assigning addresses to improved properties outside Shreveport and Vivian. This includes temporary …

Parish Veterans Memorial

FAQsParish of Caddo

Disclaimer: The Parish of Caddo cannot verify the accuracy of the Veteran information displayed here. Name Rank Branch Years Served City Comments John T Adams Staff Sergeant Army 23 Keithville My service was one of my own desires. I had plenty of good times in my trips overseas and in the states. I made good friends while in the military …